The 5 Temperaments
- Attention Deficit Disorder
- Children and teens
- Christian Counseling
- Marriage Counseling
- Our YouTube Channel
- Patient Portal
- Pornography Addiction
- Positive Thinking
- Questions and Answers
- The 5 Temperaments
- The Supine
- Thoughts and Brain Function
A Sanguine is a person who expresses their love in a variety of ways.
If you happen to know a Sanguine then you know that they can be the sunshine on a rainy day, and they tend to draw people to themselves.
A Sanguine is always looking for people to help and to love.
To a Sanguine there are many kinds of love and they are a master of each one.
If you really want to understand what makes a Sanguine tick…you must dig deep.
On the outside a Sanguine can appear happy but if you know where to look you will find that hidden pain that can affect a Sanguine in a negative way.
It may seem that a sanguine has an unlimited spring of love and affection to give out, but this “spring” cannot last forever.
The affection that a Sanguine give so freely will eventually cease if their needs are not met.
What a Sanguine needs
A Sanguine has needs that must be met if they are to continue showing the “spring of love” that their mate is used to.
- The key that will unlock the Sanguine love is intimate communication This communication does not have to begin with sexual communication, (although this is something that they need) This can be as easy as sharing your day with them or revealing some weaknesses that you may have to them. Your Sanguine wants to share your life with you, and the deeper you can go the more they will respond.
- They will fear being rejected so making sure that they know that they are loved.
- Sanguines need to be touched, hugged, kissed, caressed, cuddled…and the list goes on and on. Any touch is good touch to them, so hugging them when they are frightened or angry can make all the difference.
- Sanguines want you all to themselves, but they know this is not possible at times. So, keeping friends of the opposite sex to a minimum is vital.
- The Sanguine wants to be involved in your life even if they do not understand certain parts of it. An example…you play golf on the weekends, and your Sanguine mate will do just about anything to be a part of that with you even if it means learning the game.
- Remember that a Sanguine can feel rejection that you may not even know you are showing them so make sure that you keep the communication lines open.
People are the most important thing that a Sanguine needs to keep from being depressed.
If you are a Sanguine who has a career where you are not exposed to people on a regular basis then find a way to expose yourself to people.
Remember that as a Sanguine you may pressure your mate to meet all the needs that you have as a Sanguine, but your mate can only meet a small amount that you need.
At times, a Sanguine can be lonely even in a crowded room. This is because they need intimate interaction with people, not just being in the same room with them.
The most important thing that the Sanguine can do is develop a deep relationship with The Father 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The deeper that you go into God the more loved that you will feel. This love will never abandon you or hurt you but will always support you and build you up.
This is but a small part of the makeup of The Sanguine Temperament.
Why does emotional pain hurt?
Let us look at a few things that will help you understand where emotional pain comes from and how to deal with it.
If you have been alive for any length of time, then you know that emotional pain can stop you in your tracks. If we knew where this pain comes from then we can take control over it.
If we knew what causes emotional pain we would be well on our way to healing wouldn’t we? It’s not that difficult to learn if we know where to look.
Emotions that are responsible for emotional pain:
Fear is the first emotion that we must look at. Let us read what Hebrews has to say about fear.
Hebrews 2:14 Therefore, since the children share in flesh and blood, He Himself likewise also partook of the same, that through death He might render powerless him who had the power of death, that is, the devil, 15 and might free those who through fear of death were subject to slavery all their lives.
Did you read verse 14? It says that Jesus was subject to the same emotional pain that we do…he had to so that he could help us deal with this and all pain. Do you remember when Jesus went to raise Lazarus up from the dead John 11:35 states that “Jesus wept”.
Let us look at this further and we will find out what makes fear so potent…
Read Hebrews 2”15 again…
“15 and might free those who through fear of death were subject to slavery all their lives.”
Did you read FEAR OF DEATH”? You see death and fear are good buddies and go everywhere together.
If you think about it you will see it. If you are afraid of dogs…why? You fear that they will kill you.
Fear of flying…fear the plane will crash and you will die.
The list goes on and on always with fear as a part of emotional pain.
Emotional pain fears loneliness…and when you are treated badly or are forced to live a life that you did not plan on then fear of rejection comes into the picture.
When I think about the many people that I have worked with over the years I realize that even those who don’t like to be around people still need companionship…the fact is EVERYONE NEEDS PEOPLE EVEN IF THEY WON’T ADMIT IT!
When a person gives their heart and soul to another, they expect it to be a love that lasts forever. But all too often it does not work out that way. Instead it takes a twisted turn and both people get hurt…and to be honest with you, neither party wanted it to happen that way.
All too often it does turn out that way and it can be a debilitating life to the very end if you let it.
God created you unique…and you are different from any other person. God created us a spirit that lives in a body and has a soul.
There are 5 different temperaments and thousands of various “blends” of temperaments. Knowing how God created us with the specific temperament that he did will assist us in helping you get back on your feet so-to-speak.
Contact us by leaving us a message or calling our office.
Phone: (817) 898-0490
There are a multitude of Christian counselors out there, and each one has a different approach.
At Fort Worth Christian Counseling we want to make things as real as they are and at the same time explain how to reach the goals that you have and learn the Simple steps to learn how Christian counseling works.
Let us begin
- Your first session will be a breeze. You will talk to your therapist who will ask simple questions and take notes on what you both talk about. You will get to know your therapist and begin to build a trust relationship.
- You will begin to realize that there is more to your therapy than meets the eye. You will find out more about yourself than you knew about. The path that you are taking will excite you and it may make your heart beat a little faster. You will begin to see forward momentum in your life…this will be exciting as your realize that you are on a journey of a lifetime.
- After a few sessions you will realize that there is work to be done…things that will need changing…new things to learn.
- Things may get a little bit uncomfortable…you will be takes to a place that you did not know existed. This is where the devil will begin to resist your forward momentum…but you will learn how to take authority over this. This is where you will see the light at the end of the tunnel…you will be able to see hope.
- Things will begin to “move” …you will see that things are beginning to make sense…you will see that things are beginning to “fit together”
- This is where you will seethat you are not broken. You will begin to see yourself in a new light…you will see that you can accomplish more than you thought that you could.
Your journey begins here…by —-> contacting us <—-
Phone: (817) 898-0490
Teaching people that anger does not work is the first and foremost issue that I deal with in therapy.
Anger is the emotion that will always harm a relationship…how much depends on each individual.
Anger seems to find its way in most day-to-day situations, and as we all know anger is not a friend we want around.
Anger will put stress on a relationship that will eventually cause harm.
Where does anger really come from?
We have all read about “righteous anger” and “the anger of God”
But is this the same anger that you feel when you have had a “knock down drag out fight” with your husband/wife?
Let us look at righteous anger…
Righteous anger is expressed when we are confronted with sins such as in cases of child abuse, pornography, racism, etc.
It is easy to see that this is not the anger that we exhibit when we get into an argument with our mate.
Now let us look at ungodly or “harmful” anger
Anger can become sinful when motivated by pride or allowed to linger and is unproductive and distorts the purposes of God.
This type of anger can cause much emotional pain and even physical disease.
Here is a list of disorders and diseases that have and are motivated by anger
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Alcohol disorder
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
- Oppositional defiant disorder
- Bi-polar disorder
- Intermittent explosive disorder
The list of “reasons” for anger could be exhausting.
Anger can control lives, careers, and happiness…but
What if I told you that you can learn about yourself and reasons why anger may be prevalent in your life?
A “Temperament Profile” can show “where” anger is in your life and how to control it day to day.
Calling our office or sending us a message can be a start to a happier life.
What do you do when you have had enough?
When you have spent every bit of emotional energy that you have, and things just get worse.
You may be angry with someone who had rejected you and you trued to talk to them about it, but they just do not see it.
There may be people in your life that expect you to keep on giving even they know you are hurting…but where are you going to get it from?
And what about the people that may be in your life that just do not care?
How do you process this pain?
There are 5 Temperaments that we work with so we can say that there are 5 mail ways that people deal with emotional pain.
Let us take a look
Will attempt to “think things through”
These people are what I call “digital” or “logical thinkers”
These people want to understand why they are being treated the way they are
BUT they try to process things “logically” which causes them to get stuck in a never-ending circle. This will cause depression that worsens as they try to think it through.
Will attempt to control the situation by “lashing out” using negative behavior. This causes the relationship to worsen causing lost love and relationships.
Will attempt to use physical and emotional forms of love to “fix” they relationship. The other party rarely responds positively causing them to “swing down” into a “dependent” mode.
Will withdraw because the pain is more than they can handle. This emotional pain is indescribable. This pain will cause them to become angry because they do not feel like they deserve to be treated badly. They will “go nuclear” about once a month and “vent” causing the relationship to worsen.
Has extremely low emotional energy and will emotionally withdraw from the relationship. They seem cold and aloof but simply cannot “keep up” in a negative relationship.
These are only the basics and are deeper than what you have read here.
At Fort Worth Christian Counseling we will run a Temperament Profile on you which will show you the strengths AND weaknesses.
Learn how God “wired” you to be and what your strengths and gifts are.
Fort Worth Phone: (817) 898-0490