Today we are discussing behaviors that can eventually reeling a marriage.
It’s not difficult in today’s society to walk away from a marriage emotionally
and that’s where infidelity begins…Emotionally.
I am going to discuss three behaviors that can eventually rule and a marriage
but please be aware there are many more than just three ways.
As I said…in the emotions is where infidelity begins so let’s look at what Jesus said about this:
Matthew 5:27“You have heard that it was said, ‘Youshall not commit adultery‘;
28but I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
This is where it all begins in the heart or in the brain…
We begin to make friends with a member of the opposite sex
We try to convince ourselves that this “friendship” is the innocent that in fact it is not.
Many refer to these friendships that as “work husbands” or “work wives” thinking that it’s “cute”
but these relationships are anything but cute or funny!
When you call somebody your work wife or work husband what you’re doing
is opening the intimacy of your marriage and commitment to one another to another individual.
These so called platonic relationships will eventually lead to both parties sharing details
about their mates that should never be discussed outside of the marriage.
How to tell if your mates “friendship” isn’t innocent
- Does your mate know about this friendship? Hidden friendships are the most deadly types
- When you question your mate about this friendship do they tell you “don’t worry”?
- Have you suggested to your mate that they stop the friendship only to have them tell you no?
- If you and your mate have set boundaries for your marriage, has this friendship breached those boundaries?
- Does your mate bring up this friend’s name during a heated arguments?
3 Behaviors that can Ruin a Marriage
The only covered of the first behavior that everyone a marriage… But the next two posts cover the other two..
If you think that your mate and has some data friend but that may be more than a friend
or if you realize that you’re closer to somebody where he worked and you should be