Task Force: Doctors should screen all adults for depression
Task Force: Doctors should screen all adults for depression a task force says. This is an article headline from USA today’s news website  It seems like “they” are just catching up with what most Americans already know…DEPRESSION IS PANDEMIC in the United States. So when I read the article “Task Force: Doctors should screen all adults for depression” To us this is somewhat of a relief to hear. We’ve been seeing rising depression for the last 10 years and it’s getting worse. Depression can come from more than one area, so it may not be coming from where you think. Depression comes about due to stress in one’s life. Lets look at a few areas that stress can start in our lives.
Areas that we can change:
- The daily grind (and I’m not talking about coffee here) of family, raising children, jobs, relationships that we can’t avoid (boss, family etc…), simply “being out in public” (a MAJOR source of stress for some)
- The Job…co-workers, performance stress, commute time etc…
- Job that isn’t a “good fit”
- Marriage/Communication problems
- “Surface relationship” (friends) problems
All of these things cause stress…and the feeling of “hopelessness” that causes us to think that we can’t change these things leads to depression.
Dealing with the thoughts that accompany these things is the key to stress/depression. Simply put…not everyone thinks the same way or “processes” life situations the same way. Learning how one thinks is the key to peace within one’s soul, and there’s not much of a ‘learning curve” here either, it’s a Bible based “easy learn” that will stay with you permanently.
We are Dr W H and Rev Linda Penewit and we are professional “Word of Faith” based mental health therapists, and what we offer simply put is…A way out of depression once-and-for-all.